This four-hour module has been designed for both Enrolled and Registered Nurses to revise key aspects of abdominal assessment.
This module will provide you with the combination of knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and abilities that underpin competent abdominal assessments. The content is interspersed with questions followed by a quiz at the end of the module.
By completing this module you’ll earn four CPD hours and achieve these learning outcomes:
- Review conducting a physical assessment using the four systematic steps
- Consolidate physical assessment techniques
- Revise abdominal aetiology
- Review/revise knowledge of how medications may impact on this type of dysfunction
- Examine the responsibilities of the assessor and escalation processes
- Reflect on previous practice
- Appreciate how the assessment process is incorporated into the holistic care and management of patients.
|Course code||Not applicable|
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||4 CPD hours|
|On campus dates||Nil|
|Textbook and resources||Nil|