|Organisation/Entity:||Murrumbidgee Local Health District|
|Job Reference Number:||REQ80427|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Total Remuneration Package:||$121,216.04 – $129,788.98|
|Closing Date:||28/02/2019 – 11:59 PM|
|Targeted / Identified:|
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Practitioner
Remuneration: $121,216.04 – $129,788.98 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ80427
Applications Close: 28 January 2019
Vaccination Category: A
Grow your career with us. We have pathways galore.
Where you will be working
At Murrumbidgee Local Health District we provide a range of public health services to the Riverina and Murray regions of New South Wales across a geographic area of approximately 125,631 square kilometres. With around 241,000 residents living within our District we employ approximately 3,500 staff who work in our 31 facilities and support services. Our facilities include a Rural Referral Hospital, Base and District Hospitals, Multi-Purpose Services and Community Health Facilities.
What you will be doing
The endorsed Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse educated and authorised to function autonomously and collaboratively in an advanced and extended clinical role. The NP role includes assessment and management of clients using nursing knowledge and skills and may include, but is not limited, to the direct referral of patients to other health care professionals, prescribing medications and ordering diagnostic investigations. The NP role is grounded in the nursing profession’s values, knowledge, theories and practise and provides innovative and flexible health care delivery that complements other health care providers. The scope of practice of the nurse practitioner is determined by the context in which the nurse practitioner is authorised to practice.
Nurse Practitioner Chronic & Complex – Wound Care will have extensive experience in complex wound care and the management of chronic patients in the rural setting. Nurse Practitioner Chronic & Complex – Wound Care will conduct comprehensive health assessments, and in conjunction with the patient and/or family, develop care plans specific to the patient’s complex needs. These care plans will be evidence based and will address psychosocial and lifestyle issues as well as physical problems. Nurse Practitioner Chronic& Complex – Wound Care will work in collaboration with General Practitioners and Medical Staff across MLHD to provide inpatient and outpatient services. They will provide expert advice and guidance regarding the more complex patients for Registered Nurses.
Clinical interventions may include complex dressings, Doppler studies, ankle brachial indexes, wound biopsies, conservative surgical debridement and ultrasonic debridement.
Note: This Position Description is to be read in conjunction with the approved scope of practice/ formulary for individual Nurse Practitioner.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), with demonstrated evidence to meet the NMBA’s Registered Nurse standards for practice and meet the NMBA approved standards, codes, guidelines and frameworks commensurate with the position.
- Current attainment of, or working towards, Endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner in accordance with the requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated advanced nursing practice in a clinical leadership role in the area of chronic and complex wound care, within the past five years, complemented by research, education and management.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- This recruitment process includes pre-employment Online Safe for Work screening.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia. For more information, please see immi.gov.au
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Find out more about applying for this position. For role related queries or questions contact Jacqueline Brodie on Jacqueline.Brodie@health.nsw.gov.au
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.