The Clinical Facilitator is an advanced clinical nurse responsible for the professional facilitation and coordination of students undertaking professional experience placements in public or private health facilities (including both acute and aged care facilities).
The clinical facilitator is primarily responsible for the clinical management and leadership of the student in the clinical practice environment. The role fundamentally involves advancing and enhancing the role of the student and assessing competence within the nursing discipline under the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) Standards for Practice. The clinical facilitators stimulates enquiry, reflection and use of evidence in clinical practice in an Australian contemporary healthcare environment.
To be eligible for this opportunity you will need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Registered Nurse with a current NMBA registration
- At least 3 years relevant clinical experience
- Certificate IV TAA or TAE
- Skills and experience in engaging and educating students or proven experience in clinical facilitation and assessment
- Knowledge and experience of NMBA Standards for Practice (RN and EN)
- Advanced assessment and clinical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, and within limited time frames
- Ability to work consistently well in a time-pressured environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues appropriately
- Flexible approach to work and ability to use own initiative
- Evidence of immunisation, national criminal record check
- Evidence of CPR currency
For further details, please read the position description.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: This position is casual and applications that do not include a resume will not be considered.