The Policy Strategist will contribute to the strategic analysis and development of nursing, health and aged care system policies, position statements, projects and submissions to identify and address emerging issues and trends relevant to ACN, nursing and the health system.
To be considered for this exciting role, you will need to meet the following selection criteria and demonstrate how you meet these in a covering letter.
- Tertiary qualifications in nursing, social or political sciences and/or other health related field; or working towards the same.
- A thorough understanding of the political and government landscape.
- Experience in the formulation and analysis of health and/or nursing policy for either government, a health service provider or an organisation associated with health or nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to identify gaps and make connections between nursing/health related issues and policy development.
- A strong understanding of the Australian health and aged care system, with interest and experience in the areas of health and hospital system funding, safety and quality, and the registration and regulation of nurses.
- Demonstrated high-level computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Proven ability and willingness to work collaboratively with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- An ability and desire to work on a range of nursing and health-related topics across the acute, primary and aged care sectors.
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated high-level research and referencing skills using EndNote.
- Proven well-developed interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working within a high volume and deadline driven environment whilst maintaining a high standard of work.
- An ability and desire to undertake an acting leadership role on a temporary basis to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
For further details, please read the position description.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter via seek.com.
Please note that applications that do not include a covering letter addressing all of the selection criteria and a CV will not be considered.
Applications for this position will close at 4.00 pm Friday 7 May 2021 and they will be assessed as received.