This four-hour module has been designed for both Enrolled and Registered Nurses to revise key aspects of cardiac assessments.
This module will provide you with the combination of knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and abilities that underpin competent cardiac assessments. The content is interspersed with questions and activities followed by a quiz at the end of the module.
By completing this module you’ll earn four CPD hours and achieve these learning outcomes:
- Review cardiac structures
- Review the importance of primary survey and intervention, followed by secondary survey in treating patients with cardiac dysfunction
- Examine the risk factors and how they impact on cardiac function
- Appreciate the importance of gathering a detailed health history when assessing cardiac patients
- Distinguish between acute and chronic cardiac dysfunction
- Gain knowledge about the impact of medications on cardiac dysfunction
- Infer the responsibilities of the assessor and escalation processes
- Reflect on previous practice
- Think through how assessment is incorporated in the holistic care and management of a patient.
|Course code||Not applicable|
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||4 CPD hours|
|On campus dates||Nil|
|Textbook and resources||Nil|