As a Navy Doctor, look after the health of personnel on base and at sea while enjoying:
- an excellent salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- a good work/life balance
- leadership training and vocational variety
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining peacekeeping missions and supporting communities in need.
You're far out in the Pacific Ocean on one of the Navy's new Helicopter Landing Docks. Right now this is home to hundreds of sailors and officers, engaged in potentially hazardous activities. The health and wellbeing of this dynamic community rests in your hands.
To be an effective force the Navy needs all its personnel to be fit and healthy. As a Navy Doctor you will provide the full range of medical services to personnel. As an Officer you will also be responsible for the training, welfare and discipline of the sailors under your command who make up your staff, so this is a leadership role too.
You’ll enjoy experiences you simply can't get in the civilian health sector, such as leading a skilled team of professionals, participating in major exercises and operations, and providing humanitarian aid. Then there’s the chance to specialise in areas such as:
- primary care
- occupational medicine
- aviation medicine
- underwater medicine
- sports medicine
- trauma medicine, and
- tropical medicine.
Along with adventure, you’ll enjoy job security and excellent working conditions, plus the opportunity to further your career, specialise and progress into senior roles.
- Fully-paid officer training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $91,000 p.a. plus superannuation
- Salaries increase with rank and experience
- Numerous other benefits
- Any Navy base in Australia and possibly overseas
- You will be required to spend time at sea
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Registered as a medical practitioner under the laws of the Commonwealth or a State of Australia, or
- qualifications that enable you to be registered
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
So are you ready for new medical and career challenges complete with an amazing lifestyle? Then apply now on the Defence Jobs website.