As an Army Radiographer, help look after the health of Army personnel while enjoying:
- an excellent salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- a good work/life balance
- leadership training and vocational variety
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
The challenges and rewards of a career in radiography are many and varied. Now imagine how much more interesting life would be if one day you were working in a well-equipped hospital, but the next found you overseas providing medical support to operations.
The X-ray and ultrasound equipment you use will be among the most technically-advanced available. But where you operate it will range from military to field hospitals, and you may be required to work in challenging conditions with minimal support.
Your daily routine will be anything but routine in the Army, as you participate in exercises and deployments that take you across Australia and overseas. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic and supportive national organisation that offers clinical opportunities you simply won't find anywhere else.
- Fully-paid officer training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $73,300 p.a. plus superannuation
- Numerous other benefits
- Training in Canberra, ACT and Bonegilla, VIC
- Posting to Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney or Townsville
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, you can enter the Army as a qualified radiographer or while still studying:
- For qualified entry you will need to have completed relevant undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Click on the link below for full details.
- If you are an undergraduate studying for an appropriate degree you may be eligible for sponsorship. Again, click on the link below for details.
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Does this sound like a new career challenge you'd like to accept? Then apply now on the Defence Jobs website.