As an Army Pharmacist (also known as Pharmaceutical Officer), help look after the health of Army personnel while enjoying:
- an excellent salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- a good work/life balance
- leadership training and vocational variety
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
As a qualified pharmacist you'll be aware of the challenges of the job. Now imagine how much more interesting it would be if your pharmacy was located on an exercise in the bush, or supporting operations.
As a Pharmacist (Pharmaceutical Officer) in the Army, many of your duties will be familiar, such as dispensary services, stock control and the management of equipment and consumables. But you could be called upon to carry out those duties anywhere from a well-resourced clinic to a field hospital in Australia or overseas.
With the travel comes a logistics and supply chain management angle to your work. You'll be trained to maintain mobile health assets to ensure temporary medical facilities can be fully resourced at a moment's notice, wherever in the world they are required.
This is a pharmacy job with rewarding extra dimensions, including the leadership and mentoring role you'll be trained to adopt as an Army Officer.
- Fully-paid officer training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $73,300 p.a. plus superannuation
- Numerous other benefits
- Training in Canberra, ACT and Bonegilla, VIC
- Postings could be to any Army Medical Company, Medical Supply Depot or Military or Field Hospital
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, you can enter the Army in one of two ways:
- With an appropriate degree in pharmacy from a recognised tertiary institution (and registered with any of the Australian Pharmacy Registration Boards or undergoing pre-registration training)
- As an undergraduate studying for a degree in pharmacy, in which case you may be eligible for sponsorship - click on the link below for details
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Does this sound like a new challenge you'd like to accept? Then apply now on the Defence Jobs website.