As a Medic (also known as Medical Sailor) provide Navy personnel with pre-hospital care and other medical services, while enjoying:
- a good salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- job security and a good work/life balance
- rewarding work and world-class training
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining humanitarian and disaster-relief missions.
Your ship has been diverted from a major naval exercise to the scene of a natural disaster. Injured members of the local community are being airlifted to your vessel and your immediate task is to dress wounds and prepare patients for surgery.
This is no ordinary emergency services role.
As a Medic (Medical Sailor) your main responsibility will be the provision of healthcare to support and maintain the health and well-being of Navy personnel. You may also be called upon to help civilian mariners in need.
You don't need any experience to apply for this role as full training is provided by expert medical personnel. The skills you acquire will enable you to carry out:
- advanced first aid
- pre-hospital emergency care
- advanced life support
- evacuation services
- in-patient healthcare, and
- nursing care for the sick and wounded.
You will learn to provide these services in a variety of situations and environments, and will need to be able to work independently and effectively under a range of conditions for long periods.
If you love helping people and have the strength of character to remain calm under extreme pressure, this could be a great job for you. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a unique lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
- Fully-paid medical training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $68,500 p.a. plus superannuation
- Numerous other benefits
- Any Navy base in Australia
- Some of your time will be spent at sea
- At least 17 years of age
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Year 11 completion with passes in English and Biology, plus Year 10 Mathematics
- Year 11 Chemistry also highly desirable
If you do not have the required passes you may be eligible to sit an Alternative Education Equivalency assessment. Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Sounds good? Then apply now on the Defence Jobs website.