As an Army Nurse (also known as Nursing Officer), help look after the health of Army personnel and their families while enjoying:
- an excellent salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- a good work/life balance
- leadership training and vocational variety
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
If you're looking for a rewarding way to expand your nursing capabilities beyond your local hospital or clinic, this job could offer you the variety and adventure you crave.
In the Army, you'll be based in a Military Hospital providing support in areas such as general surgery, ENT and orthopaedics. At other times you'll be on deployment and working in field hospitals, which could be anywhere from an interstate exercise to overseas operations.
The new nursing skills and techniques you learn will get you ahead in the Army (and outside of it), and the situations you encounter daily will test your resolve, initiative and capacity to adapt to what can sometimes be challenging circumstances.
- We'll pay you as you train and complete your degree course if an undergraduate
- Once trained and fully qualified, starting package approx. $73,300 p.a. plus superannuation
- Numerous other benefits
- Training in Canberra, ACT and Bonegilla, VIC
- Postings could be to any Army Medical Company, Medical Centre or Military Hospital
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, you can enter the Army in one of two ways:
- As a fully-registered nurse, with at least two year's recent postgraduate experience in (ideally) general, surgical, emergency, high dependency or peri operative nursing; or health education.
- As an undergraduate having completed your first semester of a three or four year nursing degree.
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
This is a nursing job with many fascinating extra dimensions including opportunities to travel. If this sounds like a new challenge you'd like to accept, apply now on the Defence Jobs website.