Technical Officer – Clinical Practice Laboratory
Faculty of Health
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We're known for our industry focus, practice-based teaching and learning, real world research and our location. With state-of-the-art campuses and facilities, we’re preparing students to become global thinkers, leaders and innovators.
The Faculty of Health has a well-resourced suite of 17 clinical practice laboratories and is leading the way in nursing and midwifery learning and teaching by incorporating immersive simulation strategies across undergraduate and postgraduate curricula.
We are recruiting for two part time positions on 12 month contracts. The first will be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 11am -7pm during semester and 9-5 outside of semester.
The second Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 11am -7pm during semester and 9-5 outside of semester.
The role is accountable for the preparation, problem solving in relation to equipment, maintenance and assisting with the daily operation of the Faculty of Health clinical practice laboratories.
You will provide technical support to clinical learning activities and components incorporated with the integration of simulation in Health curricula while ensuring compliance with the Faculty’s Environment Health and Safety plan.
You will have:
- Advanced level communication skills with the ability to communicate on a personal basis with a variety of individuals at different levels within an academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, take initiative and exercise good judgement
- Well-developed time management, organizational skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team being proactive in the execution of duties
- Registered Nurse in NSW or eligible for registration with relevant clinical experience
Salary Range: Pro rata $66,945 to $76,585 pa (HEW 5) plus 9.5% employer provided superannuation.
For more information and to apply click here.
Closing Date: Monday 18th September at 11.59pm