As an Army Dentist (also known as Dental Officer), provide personnel and their families with dental services while enjoying:
- an excellent salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- a good work/life balance
- leadership training and vocational variety
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
To operate at peak capability, the Army needs to be fit and healthy. That's one reason all members of the Australian Defence Force receive free medical care including dental.
In the rewarding role of Army Dentist (Dental Officer) you'll provide the full range of dental treatments and services, working in modern clinics with Dental Assistants and using the best equipment available. But one important difference between this and working in an everyday dental practice is that you won't need to worry about budgets and other business matters.
Most days you'll work in a busy team environment at an Army barracks. However from time to time you will be given the opportunity to travel, carrying out dentistry in the field under canvas on operations and exercises. You may even get involved in humanitarian work overseas.
As an Army Officer you'll also be responsible for the training, welfare and discipline of the soldiers under your command who make up your staff. So this is a leadership role that could really stretch you.
- Fully-paid officer training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $99,500 p.a. plus superannuation
- Numerous other benefits
- Training in Canberra, ACT and Crib Point, VIC
- Postings could be to any one of Australia's state capitals or provincial centres.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Registered to practice as a Dentist or Dental Surgeon in a State or Territory of Australia, or
- a graduate eligible to register to practice, or
- an undergraduate in at least your third year of a five-year degree, or
- about to start the final year of a full-time Diploma
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Few dental positions offer the clinical variety and travel opportunities the Army can. If this sounds like a new challenge you'd like to accept, then apply now on the Defence Jobs website.