About the CPD Face to Face Course
This face to face course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 continuing professional development (CPD) hours.*
*Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This face to face course is designed to assist nurse clinicians in applying the principles and concept of self-management. Participants will learn advanced interviewing skills to motivate chronically ill clients and help them recognise and resolve their ambivalence to change. Creative ways of implementing change will be explored and chronic care management will be examined.
Dates and Location*
23 February 2018 - Parramatta NSW
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- identify self-management principles and strategies
- recognise and manage stages of change
- evaluate effective communication processes
- discuss and practice motivational interviewing skills
- understand the impact of values and beliefs on self-management
- discuss the importance of adopting an holistic assessment in self-management
- plan for practical changes
- review GP care plans, action plans and goal setting