About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
In this course participants will be updated on the minimum requirements for Continuing Professional Development and Recency Of Practice as contained within the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia’s (NMBA) registration standards for enrolled nurses, registered nurses and midwives.
|RN member $187.50||RN non-member $219.50|
|EN member $153.50||EN non-member $186.50|
Dates and locations
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- discuss the National Board standards for practice and self-assess competence using these as a benchmark to review individual compliance within context of practice
- identify learning needs, plan for relevant CPD activities and reflect on the value of those activities
- list the mandatory registration standards and identify supporting documents to demonstrate having met the standards
- practice documenting a variety of CPD activities and describe what constitutes evidence in each case
- identify the purposes and components of a professional portfolio and develop a framework for the presentation of a portfolio
- define the recency of practice standard and provide evidence that it meets the requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
Registration and welcome
National Registration and Accreditation Scheme
Competency standards/Standards for practice
A morning tea break is included in this session.
Purpose and development of a professional portfolio
An afternoon tea break is included in this session.