About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change without notice.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed to provide the fundamentals of day surgery nursing and is recommended for novice and experienced nurses working in day surgery/endoscopy environments.
Dates and locations
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
|RN member $187.50||EN member $153.50|
|RN non-member $219.50||EN non-member $186.00|
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- analyse standards and guidelines relevant to day surgery nursing
- identify relevant Occupational Health and Safety issues and manage risks
- discuss Australian Council Healthcare Standards (ACHS) clinical indicators
- discuss the planning of a thorough admission process, preoperative clinical assessments, patient and family education, and discharge
- determine the needs of clients undergoing day surgery procedures
- evaluate pain management strategies
- utilise discharge planning tools
- discuss the significance of documentation and post-discharge follow-up.
Welcome and introduction
Day surgery – are we pushing the boundaries?
The day surgery environment
OH&S – risk management
Discharge planning and follow-up processes that facilitate optimal patient outcomes
Reflection and discussion
Evaluation and finish