This four-hour module has been designed for both Enrolled and Registered Nurses to revise situations where a patient may be or is deteriorating.
This module will provide you with the combination of knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and abilities that will underpin your actions for deteriorating patients.
The content is interspersed with questions followed by a quiz at the end of the module.
By completing this module you’ll earn four CPD hours and achieve these learning outcomes:
- Recognise some of the early warning signs of a deteriorating patient through assessment
- Systematically assess the deteriorating patient
- Provide appropriate care to assist in the prevention of further deterioration
- Assist in timely escalation and evacuation
- Effectively communicate within the team and other healthcare workers
- Hone your critical thinking and decision making skills.
|Course code||Not applicable|
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||4 CPD hours|
|On campus dates||Nil|
|Textbook and resources||Nil|