Many people admitted to hospital for surgical procedures may also have diabetes. Recent studies have shown that people admitted for any condition, will have a longer average length of stays if they also have diabetes.
Regardless of the reason for the admission, the appropriate management of their diabetes should be an important part of their care. This one hour webcast aims to address the issues that may arise when caring for a person that has diabetes, and discuss the appropriate management.
- Why managing diabetes is important
- Pre-op and post-op care and management
- How to manage glucose levels when fasting
- How to set up and run insulin/dextrose infusions
- Restarting subcutaneous insulin doses
- Wound care principles
- Case study
This webcast is available for registered participants for 3 weeks.
Cost: ACN members $22 (incl. GST)
Non-members $30 (incl. GST)