This module examines the considerations of culture when working with:
- People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Communities
- Indigenous Australians and
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people
It examines the impact of culture when discussing and offering support to people experiencing harm from alcohol and other drug (AOD) use and reflects on the impact of the nurse’s own culture in delivery of care and explores key considerations in delivery of care to these cultural groups. In addition, there is a range of resources listed and information for included for further review.
On successful completion of this CPD module, you should be able to:
- understand the impact of one’s own culture on delivery of care
- understand the concept of Cultural Competence and be able to reflect on how to effectively address alcohol and other drug use in CALD communities, with Indigenous Australians and LGBTI people
- understand the barriers to addressing AOD use with diverse communities
- be aware of how to support people and gain information to improve health outcomes for these diverse communities.
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||1 CPD hours|