This module has been developed to help improve your knowledge and skills regarding mental health.
On successful completion of this CPD module you should be able to:
- explain the nursing role in relation to care of patients experiencing mental health challenges, in any health care setting
- identify the legal and ethical requirements of care relating to mental health
- identify the components and appropriate use of the mental state examination
- describe how to conduct a suicide risk assessment
- define and identify psychosis
- choose appropriate strategies for managing difficult behaviours and the immediate management of mental health presentations
- describe referral processes required for further mental health assessment using a structured approach.
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||4 CPD hours|