This module gives and overview of alcohol and other drug (AOD) use in rural and remote communities across Australia. Examines key challenges in addressing AOD use in rural and remote areas and highlights considerations for nursing practice.
On successful completion of this CPD module, you should be able to:
- understand the impact of substance use in rural and remote communities
- know the difference between lifetime risk and single occasion risk in relation to alcohol consumption
- be able to identify key challenges for all people living in rural and remote communities with specific focus on additional considerations when working with Indigenous communities in these areas
- understand one’s own role in screening for AOD use in these communities and the key consideration for nursing practice
- build knowledge on where to get referral information and clinical support when working with these communities.
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||1 CPD hours|