- This event has passed.
Cairns Nurses & Midwives Happiness, Self-care & Minds Matter (8CPD)
August 20 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Resilience, self-awareness & self-care training indulgence.
You deserve time for you, to feel valued and revitalised. Join us at one of our ACN 8 CPD accredited day workshops.
A fun filled and nourishing day about YOU for YOU.
Experience an education like no other.
In a nurturing environment, with nutritious and nourishing food, it’s time to gift your body!
A dose of yoga, breath exercises, meditation and chill-out time all while learning game changing tools and concepts.
You spend all your time caring for others, it’s time for YOUR self-care.
Make it your number 1 priority, just like the 100’s of nurses and midwives that have already completed and endorsed the ‘life changing’ EYI workshops.
EYI’s programs also meet the national nurse and midwife standards for continued professional development. The EYI education has been developed to support the wellbeing needs of nurses and midwives across the country.
*Limited Spaces * workshop + online bundle available 20CPD
This nurturing 8-hour full day workshop offers practical tools and strategies to support you! Develop awareness and skills to expand your resilience, EQ, communication, compassion, stress management, happiness and job satisfaction.
The purpose of the one day How fit is your brain?® self-care workshop is to provide a practical introduction into mindfulness and self-awareness practices, offering a deep understanding as to why you would want to embrace the practices. Participants will gain insight into the EYI education, activations and practices inclusive of meditation and breath. This workshop is practical based and utilises an engaging multimedia delivery for skill development, in a language that is today.
Develop your resilience, productivity, EQ, communication, compassion, happiness and job satisfaction.
One-third of Australian nurses are considering leaving the profession because of stress & burnout
Nursing burnout, which usually happens gradually, doesn’t discriminate; it can happen to a new or seasoned nurse at any point in their career
Don’t become a statistic.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- How to minimise stress symptoms and improve overall wellbeing with mindfulness
- Improve focus and concentration
- Development of higher brain functioning for self-regulation
- Improved communication skills and empathy with patients
- Practices to support the management of a variety of conditions such as anxiety and depression
- 8 CPD
What your day looks like
- 9.00 – 10.00 am
– What is mindfulness/meditation, how & what?
– Why mindfulness/meditation?
– Latest studies of the benefits of mindfulness meditation
– Practice mindfulness technique
- 10 -10.15 Break
- 10.15 – 12.00 pm
– Brain Structure
– Fight, flight – stress response
– Why body awareness? Feedback loops of the brain and body
– Practices & processes to support self-regulation
– Self-awareness practices
– Reflection of behaviours, actions & thoughts
- 12 – 1 pm Yoga Session
- 1pm LUNCH
- 1.45pm – 3pm
– Putting it together – How to make it happen in life
– Consider the practical learnings of today & how you can apply it personally & in your workspace
– How to manage life situations, emotional moments to challenging situations & build strategies for resilience
- 3 – 3.15 break
- 3.15 – 5pm
– Communication, connection, empathy
– Mindful conversation with colleagues & patients
– Strategic planning & practical steps for home practice
For more details and bookings head to www.eyi.global or call us on (02) 8007 3268