- This event has passed.
Melbourne nurses & midwives happiness & minds matter
Learn the workings of the brain, reconnect to the sensory body, get a grip on emotions and use them all as tools. Discover unconscious layers of your beliefs and conditionings based from your past. Explore yoga, mindfulness and meditation and indulge in nourishing foods. Have Fun! Be Nurtured! And leave equipped with simple life changing tools and concepts.
*Limited Spaces *Early bird rates apply before March 1st *workshop & online bundle available 20CPD
This nurturing 8-hour full day workshop offers practical tools and strategies to support you! Develop awareness and skills to expand your resilience, EQ, communication, compassion, stress management, happiness and job satisfaction.
The purpose of the one day How fit is your brain?® self-care workshop is to provide a practical introduction into mindfulness and self-awareness practices, offering a deep understanding as to why you would want to embrace the practices. Participants will gain insight into the EYI education, activations and practices inclusive of meditation and breath. This workshop is practical based and utilises an engaging multimedia delivery for skill development, in a language that is today.
Develop your resilience, productivity, EQ, communication, compassion, happiness and job satisfaction.
One-third of Australian nurses are considering leaving the profession because of stress & burnout
Nursing burnout, which usually happens gradually, doesn’t discriminate; it can happen to a new or seasoned nurse at any point in their career
Don’t become a statistic.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- How to minimise stress symptoms and improve overall wellbeing with mindfulness
- Improve focus and concentration
- Development of higher brain functioning for self-regulation
- Improved communication skills and empathy with patients
- Practices to support the management of a variety of conditions such as anxiety and depression
- 8 CPD
What your day looks like
- 9.00 – 10.00 am
– What is mindfulness/meditation, how & what?
– Why mindfulness/meditation?
– Latest studies of the benefits of mindfulness meditation
– Practice mindfulness technique
- 10 -10.15 Break
- 10.15 – 12.00 pm
– Brain Structure
– Fight, flight – stress response
– Why body awareness? Feedback loops of the brain and body
– Practices & processes to support self-regulation
– Self-awareness practices
– Reflection of behaviours, actions & thoughts
- 12 – 1 pm Yoga Session
- 1pm LUNCH
- 1.45pm – 3pm
- – Putting it together – How to make it happen in life
- – Consider the practical learnings of today & how you can apply it personally & in your workspace
– How to manage life situations, emotional moments to challenging situations & build strategies for resilience
- 3 – 3.15 break
- 3.15 – 5pm
– Communication, connection, empathy
– Mindful conversation with colleagues & patients
– Strategic planning & practical steps for home practice
For more details and bookings head to www.eyi.global or call us on (02) 8007 3268 For early bird rates enter: earlybird3018