About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed for nurse immunisers who are recommended to undertake an annual review of best practice policy to maintain their authority to immunise. The update is also suitable for nurses who administer immunisations under medical supervision.
Dates and locations
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
|RN member $187.50||RN non-member $219.50|
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- discuss updates and changes to immunisation within the last 12 months
- discuss legal aspects of immunisation
- understand the aims of a course of immunisation
- apply problem-solving strategies to the effective and safe management of adverse reactions to immunisations
- review national guidelines for immunisation and current immunisation practices
- update knowledge on cold chain and planning catch-up vaccinations
- respond to parental concerns about vaccination.
Welcome and introductions
Review of immunology
The current schedule and recent changes
Pre-vaccination screening and consent
Documentation and ACIR
Planning and administration of catch-up schedules
Addressing parental concerns regarding vaccination
Adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) – management and reporting
Questions and evaluation