About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over two days and is equivalent to 14 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed for nurses seeking to gain an update on infection control, factors influencing infection prevention and control, and how to effectively manage infection control challenges.
Dates and locations
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
|RN member $327.00||EN member $269.00|
|RN non-member $385.00||EN non-member $327.00|
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- discuss NHMRC infection control guidelines and National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards
- utilise a risk management framework in infection control
- develop and implement a surveillance program, incorporating outcome and process surveillance
- work with support services (environmental cleaning; laundry; waste management; maintenance)
- discuss requirements for reprocessing of instruments and equipment
- identify and manage current issues with multiresistant organisms
- evaluate the role of infection control in antimicrobial stewardship
- interpret and act on test results
- manage an outbreak of infection
- locate and utilise infection control resources.
Registration and welcome
Guidelines and standards
Principles of infection control - part one
Principles of infection control - part two
Infection control and support services
Reprocessing of reusable items
Evaluation of the day
Infectious diseases and significant organisms – part one
Infectious diseases and significant organisms – part two
Managing an outbreak of infection
Management of occupational exposures
Evaluation and finish