About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This introductory short course is designed for registered nurses who are engaged in facilitating nurses or students in the clinical setting, newly recruited clinical facilitators, CNS, CNE, and CNC. The short course aims to equip nurses who want to step up from the role of a preceptor into clinical facilitation.
Dates and locations
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
|RN member $187.50||RN non-member $219.50|
|EN member $153.50||EN non-member $186.00|
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- identify the value of clinical facilitation in clinical practice
- use adult learning principles in the clinical teaching and learning environment
- learn various communication skills to promote engagement and motivate students
- identify effective conflict resolution strategies for use in the clinical environment
- develop skills in debriefing and in providing effective feedback
- enhance the learning experiences of culturally and linguistically diverse nurses
- identify the challenges faced when working with a multicultural and intergenerational workforce
- examine effects of work-related stress and explore a range of stress management techniques
Registration and introduction
Who is a clinical facilitator?
Morning tea break
Application of NMBA competency standards in the clinical setting
Conflict resolution and resilience
Afternoon tea break
Debriefing and providing feedback
Evaluation and finish