Leadership seminars and events for senior nurses and midwives
ACN has developed Leadership @ACN, a unique initiative that supports current nurse leaders. It provides leadership skills development workshops, advanced seminars, short courses, events and opportunities to all nurses with an interest in leadership.
Leadership MASTER classes for senior and executive- level nurses and midwives
The Leadership MASTER one-day advanced leadership skills seminar specifically caters to senior nurses, nurse executives and those aspiring to an executive level role. It will inspire attendees to find their ‘strategic voice, influence policy outcomes and leverage technology in order to be a good leader. It is an opportunity to develop a professional peer-support network, as well as meeting and sharing experiences with nurses in similar roles.
This Master Class will give participants a solid grounding in the principles of adaptive leadership. Adaptive leadership is about working in uncertainty and ambiguity to discover new ways forward. Building on adaptive leadership challenges within the participants’ organisations we will further examine and discuss the broader and rapidly political, financial and technological environments that nurse leaders are increasingly operating within. The facilitator will use their vast experience of leadership successes and failures to illustrate and equip you with new knowledge and tools to deploy back in the workplace. Throughout the day you will work through the spheres of influence and spheres of concern that nurse leaders encounter, discuss and devise strategies to exert influence in each.
To receive email updates register your interest here.
Leadership FIRST workshops for newly qualified and mid-career nurses and midwives
The Leadership FIRST workshop has been specifically developed for early to mid-career nurses. It is a highly interactive two day competence workshop that provides practical leadership skills and inspires participants to think critically their leadership style and career development. It will also provide insights into the realities of being a leader in a health care environment and equip participants to handle common situations that arise in the workplace.
This two day short course forms a foundation for future programs to be offered in 2016 in the Leadership FIRST Series. You will learn the strategies and tactics that will enable you to develop, inspire and lead effectively, build your confidence as leaders and further develop your leadership skills. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop a leadership portfolio, which will form the basis of your professional development in the future.
This unique program harnesses the sciences of leadership and management theory; neuroscience; emotional and social intelligence; spiral dynamics; epigenetics and neuroleadership concepts for you to have immediate positive impact on your team. Designed for the new leader and also current leaders who want to harness neuroscience to become even more effective, this course will invite you to be accountable to yourself and your organisation. Preliminary reading and completing three reflection activities need to be completed prior to attending this course.
- Harness science: become confident and effective
- Gain clarity in the difference between leadership and management.
- Build a platform of confidence in executing your leadership role.
- Utilise neuroscience and neuroleadership to leverage your performance.
- Implement strategies that build functional teams.
- Explore the five measures of team success
- Quickly address bullying and inappropriate behaviours
- Promote inter-collaboration through applying emotional, social and political intelligences
- Gain insight into what ignites human motivation
- Strengthen personal buoyancy and resilience – explore 10 strategies to keep you sane, well and healthy.
In essence… you will learn how to take command and create significance!
- Develop insight into your strengths and weaknesses.
- Development of strategies for working effectively as part of a team as well as leading one.
- Develop how to have courageous conversations and effectively manage bullies.
- Develop an action plan for applying your new skills and knowledge.