Leadership FIRST workshops for newly qualified and mid-career nurses and midwives
The Leadership FIRST workshop has been specifically developed for early to mid-career nurses. It is a highly interactive two day competence workshop that provides practical leadership skills and inspires participants to think critically their leadership style and career development. It will also provide insights into the realities of being a leader in a health care environment and equip participants to handle common situations that arise in the workplace.
This two day short course forms a foundation for future programs to be offered in 2016 in the Leadership FIRST Series. You will learn the strategies and tactics that will enable you to develop, inspire and lead effectively, build your confidence as leaders and further develop your leadership skills. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop a leadership portfolio, which will form the basis of your professional development in the future.
This unique program harnesses the sciences of leadership and management theory; neuroscience; emotional and social intelligence; spiral dynamics; epigenetics and neuroleadership concepts for you to have immediate positive impact on your team. Designed for the new leader and also current leaders who want to harness neuroscience to become even more effective, this course will invite you to be accountable to yourself and your organisation. Preliminary reading and completing three reflection activities need to be completed prior to attending this course.
- Harness science: become confident and effective
- Gain clarity in the difference between leadership and management.
- Build a platform of confidence in executing your leadership role.
- Utilise neuroscience and neuroleadership to leverage your performance.
- Implement strategies that build functional teams.
- Explore the five measures of team success
- Quickly address bullying and inappropriate behaviours
- Promote inter-collaboration through applying emotional, social and political intelligences
- Gain insight into what ignites human motivation
- Strengthen personal buoyancy and resilience – explore 10 strategies to keep you sane, well and healthy.
In essence… you will learn how to take command and create significance!
- Develop insight into your strengths and weaknesses.
- Development of strategies for working effectively as part of a team as well as leading one.
- Develop how to have courageous conversations and effectively manage bullies.
- Develop an action plan for applying your new skills and knowledge.