Note: You will need to enrol in both Modules 7 and 8 to cover both the upper and lower limbs.
This four-hour module has been designed for both Enrolled and Registered Nurses to revise key aspects of musculoskeletal and neurovascular assessment of the lower limbs.
This module will provide you with the combination of knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and abilities that underpin competent physical assessments. The content is interspersed with questions and activities followed by a quiz at the end of the module.
By completing this module you’ll earn four CPD hours and achieve these learning outcomes:
- Update and add to your knowledge of pain and pain aetiology
- Review history taking from a musculoskeletal and neurovascular perspective
- Revise and consolidate your knowledge of lower limb musculoskeletal assessment using: ‘look’, ‘feel’ and ‘move’
- Revise and consolidate your knowledge of lower limb neurovascular assessment using: ‘tone’, ‘power’, ‘reflexes’ and ‘sensation’
- Outline the dangers if inexperienced staff were to perform a musculoskeletal assessment
- Decide on the responsibilities and escalation processes
- Review how assessment is incorporated within holistic care and management of patients
- Reflect on previous practice.
|Course code||Not applicable|
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||4 CPD hours|
|On campus dates||Nil|
|Textbook and resources||Nil|