Maximum value of the scholarship is $15,000 for full time study and $7,500 for part time study.
There is limited funding available and scholarships will be funded for 2017 only.
Scholarships are available to undertake graduate certificate, graduate diploma or masters programs, including nurse practitioner and midwifery prescribing courses. Registered nurses who are studying pre registration midwifery, or registered midwives are studying pre registration nursing are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative supporting nurses and midwives to undertake postgraduate studies at an Australian university or registered training organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses and midwives are encouraged to apply.
Application Form and Opening Dates
Applications are now open and will close midnight 28 February AEDT (Sydney time)
- NAHSSS Postgraduate General for all eligible applicants.
Online application form
- NAHSSS Postgraduate Remote for eligible applicants who live in RA 4 or RA 5 area.
Online application form
Members and non-members are welcome to apply.
Applications will be considered from applicants who are:
- Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- enrolled nurses, registered nurses or midwives with current registration.
- delivering clinical services in Australia.
- For the purposes of this scholarship, delivering clinical services involves direct client contact providing treatment, intervention or assistance, assessment, client management and education across the health care system.
- enrolled or intending to enrol in a postgraduate nursing course at an Australian university or registered training organisation.
- Courses must be provided by an Australian university or registered training organisation. The course selected must provide the student with greater skills and knowledge in a field of direct relevance to nursing or midwifery. PhD programs or masters by research are not eligible programs.
- To be eligible to apply for a remote postgraduate scholarship you must also be living and working in a RA 4 or RA 5 ranked area
ACN receives an extremely high volume of applications; meeting the eligibility criteria will not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
Value of Scholarship
Scholarship recipients will receive $7,500 per semester for full time study or $3,750 for part time study for 2017 only. These funds are intended to assist successful recipients in meeting the cost of their chosen postgraduate course. Funding is only available for courses studied in Australia. These scholarships are not bonded.
These are competitive scholarships and will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee whose assessment will be based on how applicants address the following questions:
- How will your course benefit:
a. your nursing practice
b. your longer term goals
c. those for whom you care within your area of practice?
- Describe your commitment to your area of practice.
For remote postgraduate applications there is an additional question:
- Describe your commitment to rural and remote health and provide details of the extent of your practice in rural or remote areas.
The Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and administered by the Australian College of Nursing.
Contact Australian College of Nursing
t 1800 117 262