Maximum value of the scholarship is $10,000 for fulltime study and $5,000 for part time study.
There is limited funding available and scholarships will be funded for 2017 only.
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative to support students studying an accredited nursing or midwifery course which, on completion, will enable them to practice as an enrolled nurse, registered nurse or midwife.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students are encouraged to apply.
Applications are closed and late applications cannot be accepted. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid-April 2017.
Scholarships are available to undertake one of the following courses:
- Diploma of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery
- Master of Midwifery (pre registration)
- Graduate Diploma of Midwifery (pre registration)
- Bachelor of Nursing/Paramedicine
- Master of Nursing (pre registration)
Registered nurses who are studying pre registration midwifery, or registered midwives are studying pre registration nursing are eligible to apply for our postgraduate scholarship.
Members and non-members are welcome to apply.
Applications will be considered from applicants who are:
- Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- enrolled or intending to enrol in an accredited nursing or midwifery course that results in a nationally recognised entry level nursing or midwifery qualification.
- Courses must be provided by an Australian university or registered training organisation.
- To be eligible to apply for a remote undergraduate scholarship you must also be living in a RA 4 or RA 5 ranked area
ACN receives an extremely high volume of applications for both these scholarships; meeting the eligibility criteria will not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
Value of scholarship
Scholarship recipients will receive $5,000 per semester for full time study or $2,500 for part time study for 2017 only. Funding is only available for courses studied in Australia. These scholarships are not bonded.
Applicants will be required to provide evidence supporting the claims in the application immediately after submission. If this documentation is not received within two weeks of an application being submitted, the application will not progress through the selection process. Applicants will be sent an email once the application is lodged. This will advise of what supporting documentation is required.
These are competitive scholarships and will be assessed using a selection weighting which will be applied to the following criteria:
- Previous qualifications
- Employment in the health sector
- Financial need. Scholarships are not means tested but applicants who can demonstrate a lower income level than others will receive more points.
The Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and administered by the Australian College of Nursing.
Contact Australian College of Nursing
t 1800 117 262