This module, consisting of two sections, has been designed for both Enrolled and Registered Nurses to revise key aspects when performing a neurological assessment.
The module will provide you with the combination of knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and abilities that underpin competent neurological assessments. The content is interspersed with questions followed by a quiz at the end of the module.
By completing this module you’ll earn five CPD hours and achieve these learning outcomes:
- Examine the factors that influence neurological assessment and function
- Briefly review brain and nervous system function
- Appreciate the importance of neurological assessment as opposed to the tools used to assess neurological function
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to conduct a detailed neurological assessment
- Consider how medications may impact on this type of dysfunction
- Explain the responsibilities of the assessor including initiating escalation processes
- Reflect on previous practice consider how assessment affects the holistic care and management of a patient.
|Course code||Not applicable|
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||4 CPD hours|
|On campus dates||Nil|
|Textbook and resources||Nil|