To be eligible for the ACN membership registration rate, membership must be valid after 23 August 2019. Should your membership expire prior to this date, you will be invoiced accordingly.
- ACN reserves the right to refuse attendance to individuals who have not paid in full for their registration.
- All EFT registration payments must be received no later than 30 days from date of issue.
- Payments for early bird registrations for an event must be received no later than fourteen days after the early bird registration has closed. If early bird fees have not been received by ACN by 5.00pm on that day, advance fees apply.
- Please note that if a registration is made less than 30 days prior to the event (i.e., after Tuesday 22 July) credit card is the only payment option available.
- Substitutions made require written permission from the original attendee and prior payment of any additional charges, prior to transfer.
- Attendees are not allowed to share a registration.
Cancellation of a registration must be by letter or email. Refunds will apply as follows:
- If a cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to the event a refund will be processed less an administration fee of $75.00.
- If a cancellation notice is received less than 30 days prior to an event no refund will be given.
Alterations to the program, cancellation or postponement of the event
- ACN reserves the right to make alterations to the event arrangements as published, either before or during the event.
- In the unlikely circumstance of the event being cancelled by ACN, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the registration fee paid by the attendee.
- If, for whatever reason, the event is postponed or dates are changed, neither ACN nor aceo shall be liable for expenditure, damage or loss thereby incurred by the attendee.
Speakers at events
- Views expressed by the speakers at an event are their own. ACN cannot and will not accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the event or any material provided to attendees by the speaker.
- In the event that an attendee is unable to attend the event for any reason, ACN is not responsible for any costs incurred by the attendee. It is the responsibility of the attendee to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the event.
- Neither ACN nor aceo will accept responsibility for any costs, charges or fines incurred by attendees attending the event.
Photography and filming
- For promotional purposes, there may be a professional photographer and/or videographer present during the event.
Attendees who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should advise the photographer/videographer onsite.
Additional terms & conditions for event speakers
- ACN may use the speaker’s name and presentation materials in promoting attendance at the event.
- ACN may record or video the speaker’s session and this may be reproduced. Speakers who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should advise ACN by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Waiver of liability
Australian College of Nursing (ACN) and Australian Conference and Event Organisers (aceo) accepts no liability for any persons or body for any loss, injury or damages incurred or suffered by them in consequence of, or incidental to, their participation in, or attendance at, the event whether arising directly or indirectly from any action or cause whatsoever undertaken, organised or sponsored by ACN and aceo.