Registered nurses play a pivotal role in assessing and managing patient's pain in all health care domains.
This webcast on Pain management will help you implement evidence-based practice in your clinical specialty.
This one-hour webcast aims to empower nurses to take responsibility and boost their confidence to take proactive steps and create a pain vigilant culture.
The webcast will address nurse initiated medications in pain management, provide information on best practice guidelines and explore proven protocols for effective pain management.
- The role of registered nurses in identifying optimal and suboptimal pain management
- How to determine nociceptive and neuropathic pain
- Medication classes for different types of pain
- How to manage breakthrough pain (PRN, Nurse Initiated Medications)
- Symptoms other than "pain" that must be treated as part of pain management
- Case study in aged care, acute care and community settings
Cost: ACN members $22 (incl. GST)
Non-members $30 (incl. GST)
Webcasts available for registered participants for 3 weeks.