Clinical Nurse (Renal)
The Townsville Hospital
Salary range of $46.51 to $49.81 p.h. (Nurse Grade 6-1), 17.5% leave loading, 12.5 % employer contribution to superannuation.
The Townsville Hospital Renal Unit provides acute and chronic renal replacement therapy in a variety of settings, including incentre, satellite and home-based haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, to patients with Renal Failure. The Renal Unit staff also provide regular education and outreach services to community groups, other staff and family members involved in caring for people with renal failure within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days/year).
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Appreciate the country town `feel’ and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville; a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand and Magnetic Island. Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events and a bustling nightlife.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Highly Desirable: Postgraduate qualifications relevant to the position or working towards a relevant qualification.
- Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster, which will include participation in an on-call roster.
- On call: Appointees may be required to participate in an on-call roster.
- This position includes internal rotations between the in-centre renal unit at the Townsville Hospital and the satellite unit located on the North Ward Health Campus.
Kara Lawlor 07 4433 9383
Sunday 1 September 2019