Facility Nurse Manager – Tocumwal Multipurpose Service NSW
Applications close – 14 July 2019
|About our hospital and community||The Tocumwal Multi-Purpose Service (MPS) is a 16 bed facility with 6 acute care beds and 10 residential aged care beds.
There is a 24 hour Accident and Emergency Department, which is equipped with telehealth cameras to connect the team in Tocumwal with specialists through the Critical Care Advisory Service.
The MPS provides a range of clinical services to the community, including emergency care, palliative care, respite care and a range of community care and allied health services, that are supported by telehealth and specialty services on referral. Medical services are provided by Visiting Medical Officers by local General Practitioners.
Tocumwal is a picturesque town located on the border of New South Wales and Victoria on the beautiful banks of the Murray River. With a population of just under 2000, this lovely town is a playground for a wide array of fun and exciting water sports and fishing.
Tocumwal has one state and one Catholic primary school with the nearest secondary school in Finley, 21 kilometres north of the town. With plenty of activities on offer and a great passion for netball and AFL, Tocumwal also suits the avid golfer with a 36-hole championship golf course at the Tocumwal Golf Club and bowls club. Tocumwal is also known internationally for gliding at Sport Aviation.
Tocumwal is about 45 minutes from Shepparton in North East Victoria, 1.5 hours from Albury. It is about 3.5 hours’ drive from Melbourne.
|About the role
|Are you looking for a rewarding nursing role that provides excellent continuing professional development? Do you want to live and work in a wonderful regional location with the chance to have the best of both worlds? Then this is the role for you!
This full time permanent position is responsible for the day to day operational management of nursing and other clinical and non-clinical support services at Tocumwal Multi-Purpose Service
The Facility Nurse Manager (Grade 3) ensures that nurse staffing and other resource requirements for patient care meet service needs within allocated budgets and has a lead role in setting the management and coordination of services delivery across the site. This role guides the development and implementation of contemporary models of practice and facilitates collaborative teams in the delivery of patient care.
|What are we looking for?||We are seeking candidates who possesses the following:
· Current authority to practice as a RN with AHPRA in conjunction with core knowledge and skills of a Nurse Manager Grade 3. (as per Appendix 1 of the Public Health System Nurses’ and Midwives’ (State) Award 2015)
· Demonstrated relevant leadership and management experience; and with qualifications in health management; health policy and planning; business or equivalent, or working towards relevant qualifications
· Evidence of successful achievement in financial and activity/service delivery management and the ability to develop financial efficiency strategies and achieve relevant goals
· Demonstrated understanding of and experience with the accreditation process and linkages to quality and safety improvement
|What can you expect?
|We will provide the successful candidate with:
· High level of support and guidance from the Cluster Manager
· A challenging role filled with variety and opportunity
· Competitive salary and packaging arrangements $121,216.04 – $123,464.93 per annum
· A fantastic leadership opportunity and chance to make a difference within a wonderful regional community
|For more information about this role please contact Karen Solah via Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
To review PD or apply visit https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/mlhd-int and enter REQ113047