Facility Nurse Manager – Young Health Service NSW
Applications close – 14 July 2019
|About our hospital and community||The Young Health Service is a 32 bed facility with 21 hospital care beds, 5 maternity beds and 6 day surgery chairs. The Health Service provides a comprehensive range of community health services including allied health, community nursing and mental health services which are delivered by the local team who also provide outreach to surrounding communities.
The 24 hour Accident and Emergency Department is equipped with telehealth cameras to connect the team in Young with specialists through the Critical Care Advisory Service. Mercy Care Young also adjoins the facility and provides a 26 bed rehabilitation and palliative care service.
Young is primly located in the South West Slopes region of New South Wales and is widely known as the ‘Cherry Capital of Australia.’ With just under 12,000 residents, Young is part of the Hilltops region and is emerging as one of the most exciting regions in Australia with fine quality food and wine showcased in local vineyards, café’s restaurants and clubs.
The Young Shire has a unique and interesting history, and residents and visitors can enjoy the diverse range of sporting, recreation and cultural facilities on offer. Young is about 2 hours’ northeast of Wagga Wagga, 2 hours’ drive northwest of Canberra and under 5 hours’ drive to Sydney.
|About the role
|Are you looking for a rewarding nursing role that provides excellent continuing professional development, great cluster support and an exciting leadership opportunity?
Here’s your chance to make a move from the ‘hustle and bustle’ and your live and work in a wonderful regional location; it is simply the best of both worlds.
This full time permanent position is responsible for the day to day operational management of nursing and other clinical and non-clinical support services at Young Health Service.
The Facility Nurse Manager (Grade 3) ensures that nurse staffing and other resource requirements for patient care meet service needs within allocated budgets and has a lead role in setting the management and coordination of services delivery across the site. This role guides the development and implementation of contemporary models of practice and facilitates collaborative teams in the delivery of patient care.
|What are we looking for?||We are seeking candidates who possesses the following:
· Current authority to practice as a RN with AHPRA in conjunction with core knowledge and skills of a Nurse Manager Grade 3. (as per Appendix 1 of the Public Health System Nurses’ and Midwives’ (State) Award 2015)
· Demonstrated relevant leadership and management experience; and with qualifications in health management; health policy and planning; business or equivalent, or working towards relevant qualifications
· Evidence of successful achievement in financial and activity/service delivery management and the ability to develop financial efficiency strategies and achieve relevant goals
· Demonstrated understanding of and experience with the accreditation process and linkages to quality and safety improvement
|What can you expect?
|We will provide the successful candidate with:
· High level of support and guidance from the Cluster Manager
· A challenging role filled with variety and opportunity
· Competitive salary and packaging arrangements $121,216.04 – $123,464.93 per annum
· A fantastic leadership opportunity and chance to make a difference within a wonderful regional community
|For more information about this role please contact Joanne Garlick via firstname.lastname@example.org
To review PD or apply visit https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/mlhd-int and enter REQ110915