Griffith- 0.8 FTE (REQ105587) or Leeton – 0.5 FTE (REQ105941)
At Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) we provide a wide range of inpatient acute and sub-acute services along with a comprehensive span of community-based health services across the Riverina and Murray regions of New South Wales.
We employ over 4000 staff who work within 31 hospitals and 12 community health posts including 2 Base Hospitals, 8 District Health Services, 5 Community Hospitals, 16 Multipurpose Services, 12 Community Health posts and 1 Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service.
At MLHD our palliative care teams at each site provide supportive care to people diagnosed with a life limiting illness. Working in partnership with the community nursing team, GPS, specialist’s teams, hospital & all local networks our team works to empower families, ensuring comprehensive care.
About the role
We are seeking two amazing palliative care clinical nurse specialists to join our team; the choice is yours, Griffith or Leeton. As our new CNS you are a crucial member of the MLHD N&M workforce and broader Palliative Care team at Murrumbidgee Local Health District.
As the CNS at either location you will be responsible for the provision of high level patient centre and evidence based palliative care clinical nursing and embrace and lead a practice development philosophy in the delivery of that palliative care.
In your role as CNS you will demonstrate the ability to act as a professional role model, delivering a high level capacity for patient advocacy and cost benefit practice. You’ll also demonstrate the ability to act as a change agent, provide effective clinical leadership around palliative care and practice as an autonomous professional with the capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
What we are looking for?
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and meet NMBA’s RN standards for practice
- Post graduate qualifications in palliative care with a minimum of three years full time equivalent clinical experience in palliative care
- Demonstrated effective communication including verbal, written and interpersonal skills and information technology skills to provide complex specialty services and influence innovation nursing/midwifery practice
- Demonstrated ability to provide complex care and advanced clinical skills
What is on offer?
- Great part time opportunities – the choice is yours Griffith or Leeton!
- Two terrific locations in which to work and the chance to be part of a broader team of passionate and supportive palliative care team members
- Access and support to undertake further professional development to grow your career
- Great salary and packaging provisions ranging from $98,288 – $101,518 pro rata
and enter REQ105587 for Griffith CNS role and REQ105941 for Leeton CNS role.