We are currently seeking a Lab Coordinator who will be responsible for ensuring high quality learning outcomes for students through the provision of clinical simulation laboratories in accordance with Laureate’s learning and assessment strategies, and industry accreditation requirements.
You will use learning management system tools and data to proactively monitor student engagement and improve the student experience and outcomes. Working collaboratively with the learning hub, success coaches, industry and employability you will ensure academic success, employability and community engagement.
As the Lab Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Planning, preparing and delivering simulated clinical experiences according to program requirements
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained according to manufacturers’ guidelines
- Engaging with manufacturers for up-to-date information on their products and for refresher and upgrade training on new models
- Providing flexible learning and assessment strategies suited to the learning needs of individual students
- Evaluating and monitoring student progress throughout the course, providing appropriate clinical support as needed
- Managing assessment of student competence throughout the course, providing sufficient constructive feedback to promote positive outcomes
To be successful in the Lab Coordinator position you will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrated experience in the Higher Education sector
- Tertiary qualification in nursing or certification in relevant industry along with a Current Nurse Registration with AHPRA
- Detailed understanding of the relevant profession and accreditation requirements
- Ability to effectively manage and apply key conflict resolution skills in a student environment
Laureate Universities is committed to helping more people get the qualification they need to create a career that they love. Laureate Australia (encompasses Torrens University & THINK Education) we believe in the power of education to transform lives, and we put our people and students at the heart of everything we do.
Please click here for more information.