REQ91230 Nurse Manager Grade 3
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Manager Grade 3
Remuneration: $121,216.04 – $123,464.93 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ91230
Applications Close: 4 October 2019
Vaccination Category: A
Immerse yourself in a supportive and collaborative team environment
Where you will be working
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH) is one of the busiest rural hospitals in NSW with 300 beds over 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations each year. With the new hospital being built in 2016. WWBH provides medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric, rehabilitation, and mental health acute and sub-acute inpatient services. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics. There is also the provision of a full range of allied health and support services.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Wagga Wagga
What you will be doing
As a regulated health professional the Nurse Manager is responsible and accountable to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) to meet and the NMBA approved standards, codes, guidelines and frameworks. The standards for practice should be evident in current practice, and inform the scope of practice for the area of employment.
As per the NSW Nurses and Midwives State Award 2018, a Nurse Manager Grade 3 is a Registered Nurse who encompasses all aspects of lower grades in addition to;
(a) co-ordinates and manages a nurse education service of a hospital or group of hospitals or health facility, supervising at least one other nurse educator (provided that the requirement to be responsible for one or more nurse educators shall not apply in the case of an employee who is regarded by his or her employer as a resource person for other nurse educators or who is a sole educator for that nurse education service);
(b) participates in the management of nursing services as the Deputy Nurse Manager in a medium-sized health facility or hospital (other than a tertiary referral teaching hospital);
(c) is responsible for the management of nursing services in a small health facility or hospital;
(d) is the on-site executive officer in addition to responsibility for the management of nursing services in a facility or hospital generally not exceeding 10 ADA.
(e) Co-ordinates and manages a complex function, service or section (including a large and/or complex ward and/or unit or community nursing service) within a health facility or hospital.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), with demonstrated evidence to meet the NMBA’s Registered Nurse/Midwife standards for practice and meet the NMBA approved standards, codes, guidelines and frameworks commensurate with the position.
- Demonstrated relevant leadership and management experience; and with qualifications in health management; health policy and planning; business or equivalent; or working towards relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communication skills and ability to liaise and negotiate with clinicians, managers, staff and other key stakeholders and manage conflict and high level computer skills for health related programs including a range of workforce and performance/analytics systems.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- This recruitment process includes pre-employment Online Safe for Work screening.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or have the independent right to work in Australia, however should vacancies remain available there are a limited number of TSS sponsorship opportunities available. Permanent employment will only be offered to applicants who have a permanent visa.
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Find out more about applying for this position.
For role related queries or questions contact Narelle McDevitt on Narelle.McDevitt@health.nsw.gov.au
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.