Employment Type: Permanent Full Time or Par Time
Position Classification: Nurse Practitioner
Remuneration: $121,216.04 – $129,788.98 per annum or pro rata
Hours Per Week: Various up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ119002
Applications Close: 15 August 2019
Vaccination Category A
Multiple Positions Available
The opportunity to make a difference, in our hospital and our community
Where you will be working
The Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) has over 3,500 staff, 33 Public Hospitals, including 2 Base Hospitals, 8 Acute Community Hospitals and 16 Multi-Purpose Services. A progressive organisation, Murrumbidgee LHD continues to make significant achievements in improving health services and strives to provide a compassionate health care system that consistently delivers the highest standard of care to people, no matter where they live.
Communities we support are diverse, with approximately 245,000 people in communities large and small, across a geographic area of approximately 125,561 square kilometres. Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) spans across southern New South Wales, stretching from the Snowy Mountains in the east to the plains of Hillston in the northwest and all the way along the Victorian border.
What you will be doing
The Nurse Practitioner will facilitate autonomous and shared care for consumers within MLHD Regional Facilities including the Emergency Department, general wards and nurse led clinics.
The Nurse Practitioner will work according to their Scope of Practice with predominantly low acuity triage category 3, 4, & 5. The aim will be to facilitate an effective and efficient care journey through the ED meeting Emergency Target performance ( ETP) and time to be seen KPIs. The Nurse Practitioner will also provide clinical support during trauma presentations when required. The NP will provide support to general wards and see consumers in nurse led clinics.
The endorsed Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse educated and authorised to function autonomously and collaboratively in an advanced and extended clinical role. The NP role includes assessment and management of clients using nursing knowledge and skills and may include, but is not limited, to the direct referral of patients to other health care professionals, prescribing medications and ordering diagnostic investigations. The NP role is grounded in the nursing profession’s values, knowledge, theories and practise and provides innovative and flexible health care delivery that complements other health care providers. The scope of practice of the nurse practitioner is determined by the context in which the nurse practitioner is authorised to practice.
Note: The approved scope of practice/ formulary for individual Nurse Practitioner is to be attached to the Position Description in personnel file. This would also include a copy of the signed document by the CE.
- Demonstrated advanced nursing practice in a clinical leadership role in the area of practice in which you intend to practise as a nurse practitioner, within the past five years, complemented by research, education and management.
- Demonstrated ability to consult or refer patients appropriately, to work autonomously within a multidisciplinary team and across acute and community settings via leadership, teaching and collaborative skills with evidence of participation in research / quality activities related to specialty nursing.
- Advanced nursing skills in chosen specialty and endocrine management as well as extensive experience in nursing of patients with complex clinical needs and endocrine conditions and social needs/issues across a variety of clinical settings.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- This recruitment process includes pre-employment Online Safe for Work screening.
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
- This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a NSW Children’s Guardian Working With Children Check (WWCC) which can be found by clicking on the below link: www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.