- Variety of full and part-time positions available in either Westport or South Westland
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand as a Nurse Practitioner, Current Annual Practicing Certificate and professional indemnity
- Extensive primary or rural nursing experience and a natural leader
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time:
- Run daily clinics and home visits to the local community
- Working alongside and supporting our wider clinical nursing team including Rural Nurse Specialists and RN Prescribers
- Rostered work for afterhours emergency care
- Provide culturally competent care within a diverse community; demonstrating principles in Te Tiriti o Waitangi
As a Nurse Practitioner with extensive primary or rural nursing experience, your passion for rural community living as well as the primary health concept will shine through, as will your confidence in your ability to deliver, role model and promote excellence in primary nursing practice. You will be a natural leader and mentor, you’ll thrive in an environment where collaboration and teamwork are highly valued.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Excellent assessment and treatment skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as support and mentor our nursing teams
- Passion for primary and rural community health
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!