Nurse Unit Manager (Eventide Residential Aged Care Facility)
Ideally seeking an applicant with a minimum of two years experience in a similar role.
The Nurse Unit Manager will facilitate and provide nursing leadership, support, clinical supervision and mentoring within the nursing team.
This role provides nursing resource, education and research accountabilities and strategic management to facilitate the delivery of high quality, best practice care to clients of Eventide Residential Aged Care Facility, Charters Towers
Supported Staff Accommodation will be temporarily available, however negotiated prior to appointment, to identify individual need and Hospital and Health Service availability.
Generous remuneration package value up to $140,711 p.a. comprising salary range of $4341.30to $4713.20 p.f. (Nurse Garde 7), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
About Eventide Residential Aged Care Facility
Comprises of 110 residential aged care beds (Commonwealth funded) and self-managed hostel services consisting of specific units relating to older persons’ mental health, secure dementia and high care older persons’.
Requirements of the role
- Mandatory: Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Highly Desirable: Tertiary Qualification relevant to the position or working towards a relevant Qualification.
- On call: Appointees maybe required to participate in the on-call roster.
- Aged Care Pre Employment Screening – Potential applicants for this position are advised that before an applicant can be appointed, Section 63-1A of the Aged Care Act 1997 requires Queensland Health employees and volunteers to have a current National Police Certificate. Queensland Health will facilitate applicants obtaining the above Police checks.
- Driver Licence: This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate license endorsement to operate this vehicle is required.
- Travel: This position will be required to travel to, and work at, other facilities located within the Rural Hospitals Service Group network. This may involve day and/or overnight stays. Travel on small planes or ferry may be required.
Come discover the enchanting outback town of Charters Towers
For a confidential discussion please contact Lorraine Dempsey on 07 4787 5555.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.