REQ126996 Nurse Manager Grade 3
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Manager Grade 3
Remuneration: $124,247.61 – $126,553.90 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ126996
Vaccination Category: A
Applications Close: 2 October 2019
Navigate your own career; we have a variety of pathways available at MLHD
Where you will be working
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH) is one of the busiest rural hospitals in NSW with over 300 beds, 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations annually.
A significant three stage re-build of WWBH is well underway, with the third and final stage of the redevelopment, a six-storey Ambulatory Care Building, commencing in 2018. Construction is due to be completed late 2020 with operational commissioning in 2021.
Stages 1 and 2 completed in 2017, delivered a new 50-bed Mental Health Building and a 7-storey Acute Services Building. Wagga Wagga Base Hospital includes an emergency department, operating theatres, women’s and children’s inpatient unit, intensive care and high dependency unit, angiography suites, additional inpatient beds and a rooftop helipad. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics.
In total, the NSW Government is investing $431 million in the development of Wagga Wagga Health Service. It represents one of the largest health redevelopment in the state. Further information about the WWHS Redevelopment is available here > http://www.wwhsredev.health.nsw.gov.au/
What you will be doing
The position provides a key leadership role in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Wagga Wagga Health Service Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Plan.
This position supports the MLHD Nursing and Midwifery Directorate in the managing and monitoring of Nursing and Midwifery workforce coordination and development across WWHS. The position will have a focus on the monitoring of Nursing and Midwifery minimum staffing arrangements, supporting aboriginal cadetships, the Nurse Bank and the ongoing development of robust nursing and midwifery workforce initiatives.
The Nurse Manager Workforce supports NUMS/MUM with:
- The monitoring, analysis and reporting of compliance with Nursing Hours per Patient Day
(NHPPD), Birthrate Plus and other relevant tools as per NSW Public Health System Nurse and Midwives Award requirements.
- The development of innovative models of care.
The Nurse Manager Workforce develops, implements and maintains systems that provide information relevant to the Nursing and Midwifery workforce profile.
The Nurse Manager Workforce also incorporates the provision of information and advice to the Nursing Executive Team, WWHS on operational and professional nursing and midwifery issues.
The Nurse Manager Workforce is operationally and professionally accountable to the Deputy Director of Nursing and Midwifery WWHS for the strategic and operational monitoring of the WWBH Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Plan.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), with demonstrated evidence to meet the NMBA’s Registered Nurse/Midwife standards for practice and meet the NMBA approved standards, codes, guidelines and frameworks commensurate with the position.
- Demonstrated relevant leadership and management experience; and with qualifications in health management; health policy and planning; business or equivalent; or working towards relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communication skills and ability to liaise and negotiate with clinicians, managers, staff and other key stakeholders and manage conflict and high level computer skills for health related programs including a range of workforce and performance/analytics systems.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. For visa information, please see www.immi.gov.au
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
- This recruitment process includes pre-employment Online Safe for Work screening.
- This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a NSW Children’s Guardian Working With Children Check (WWCC) which can be found by clicking on the below link: www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au
Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Michele Coghlan on Michele.Coghlan@health.nsw.gov.au
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.