Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $31.58 – $44.34 per hour
Requisition ID: REQ107403
Vaccination Category A
We have opportunities awaiting. What are you waiting for?
Where you will be working
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH) is one of the busiest rural hospitals in NSW with 300 beds over 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations each year. With the new hospital being built in 2016. WWBH provides medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric, rehabilitation, and mental health acute and sub-acute inpatient services. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics. There is also the provision of a full range of allied health and support services.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Wagga Wagga
What you will be doing
Provide safe compassionate person centred care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care in collaboration with individual/s and the multidisciplinary health care team to achieve safe quality care outcomes that meet the goals of the individual.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), with demonstrated evidence to meet the NMBA’s Registered Nurse professional standards (code of conduct, code of ethics, guide to professional boundaries, supervision guidelines and standards for practice) commensurate with the position.
- Demonstrates continuous quality improvement with the ability to: comprehensively conduct assessments; develop a plan for nursing practice; provide safe, appropriate and responsive quality nursing practice; and evaluates outcomes to inform nursing practice.
- Demonstrated competencies in and/or knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in caring for individuals/patients/clients/consumers for the position.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Cath Lab skills are highly desirable
- This recruitment process includes pre-employment Online Safe for Work screening.
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
- This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a NSW Children’s Guardian Working With Children Check (WWCC) which can be found by clicking on the below link: www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au