Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH) is one of the busiest rural hospitals in NSW with 300 beds, over 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations each year. WWBH provides medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric, rehabilitation, and mental health acute and sub-acute inpatient services. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics.
About the role
Are you a RN with hepatitis C nursing experience and knowledge? Are you committed to the provision of evidence based treatments for hepatitis C? If so, this could be the role for you! We are currently seeking an experienced RN to provide safe, compassionate, person centred nursing care to clients who have chronic Hepatitis C, for the purpose of treatment, whilst embracing practice development principles in the delivery of care. This role is permanent part time working 24 hours per week.
Clinical care for clients of the service includes clinical assessment for treatment, including Fibroscan and support through treatment. In this role you will provide consultation, liaison and advice for other health service providers to build capacity to identify, manage and treat hepatitis C clients.
In this varied role, you will also be responsible for promoting the service and providing education relating to the prevention, management and treatment of hepatitis C to clients, primary health care providers and other services working with people at risk of hepatitis C.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced RN who can demonstrate:
- Current authority to practice as a RN with NMBA
- Demonstrated high level hepatitis C related knowledge, skills and experience particularly in the provision of evidence based treatments for hepatitis C
- Demonstrated experience working with marginalised communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and / or CALD communities and people who participate in risk taking activities for the transmission of blood borne viruses
For a comprehensive list of the selection criteria please review the position description
What can we offer you?
- Part time opportunity that truly impacts patients throughout the District
- Ongoing professional development
- A role filled with variety; including clinical assessment, education and promotion of the service
- Fitness passport – subsidised fitness memberships around Wagga Wagga
Learn more: For more information about and the application process please contact Alison Nikitas – HIV & Related Programs Manager | Public Health Unit on (02) 6080 8917 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 3/5/19. To apply please visit https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/mlhd and enter REQ80262