Wagga Wagga Base Hospital
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH) is one of the busiest rural hospitals in NSW with over 300 beds, 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations annually.
A significant three stage re-build of WWBH is well underway, with the third and final stage of the redevelopment, a six-storey Ambulatory Care Building, commencing in 2018. Construction is due to be completed late 2020 with operational commissioning in 2021.
Stages 1 and 2 completed in 2017, delivered a new 50-bed Mental Health Building and a 7-storey Acute Services Building. Wagga Wagga Base Hospital includes an emergency department, operating theatres, women’s and children’s inpatient unit, intensive care and high dependency unit, angiography suites, additional inpatient beds and a rooftop helipad. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics.
About the role
We have a range of permanent full time, part time and temporary opportunities to work in a fast paced and interesting perioperative environment. We are seeking enthusiastic RNs with a minimum of one to two years relevant experience in a similar environment. As a RN in the Perioperative team you will be exposed to a wide range of clinical exposures including trauma, orthopaedic, ENT, vascular, urology, major general, caesarean, bariatric, scopes, endoscopy, oral and plastics. At WWBH we also have a new Cath lab and provide interventional services.
Our team is a really fun and dedicated group of professionals with a passion and focus on improving the patient experience. We are committed to building strong, professional relationships with our nursing staff and extended multidisciplinary teams.
If you thrive on working in a team environment, can adapt quickly to a dynamic environment and have the ability to recognise deteriorating patients, then this could be the role for you. We would love to speak with you!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced nurse who can demonstrate:
- Current authority to practice as a RN with NMBA
- Demonstrated continuous quality improvement with the ability to: comprehensively conduct assessments; develop a plan for nursing practice; provide safe, appropriate and responsive quality nursing practice; and evaluates outcomes to inform nursing practice
- Demonstrated competencies in and/ or knowledge of complexities and challenges involved in caring for individuals, patients, clients, consumers within the Surgical Inpatient environment.
What can we offer you?
- A range of permanent options with attractive salary and packaging provisions
- Ongoing professional development and broader opportunities at WWBH
- A fantastic chance to join a fun , professional and supportive team
- Fitness passport – subsidised fitness memberships around Wagga Wagga
Learn more: For more information about and the application process please contact Peta McIntyre A/NUM Operating Theatres on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please visit https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/mlhd-int/ and enter perioperative into the search engine.
Follow us on FB, LI and Instagram or to learn more about what it is like to work at MLHD please visit https://www.mlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/careers