- Full time/part time ongoing positions available
- Based in Fairfield
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare is situated across five sites across Victoria with its largest site being Thomas Embling Hospital, located in Fairfield just 15 minutes north of the Melbourne CBD. Thomas Embling Hospital is a 124 bed secure hospital providing acute care, rehabilitation and continuing care services.
About the role:
You will deliver care within a high-security forensic hospital, practicing within a Recovery framework and using sound judgement to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and maintain a high standard of patient care. You will contribute to risk assessment and development of risk management plans in consultation with the interdisciplinary team and utilise a planned systematic approach to providing care that is consistent with the mental, physical, spiritual, emotional, social, forensic and cultural needs of the patient.
You have a thorough understanding of and demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery and the ability to undertake comprehensive nursing assessments of mentally ill patients, and to plan, implement and evaluate nursing interventions. You have sound communication skills with the ability to engage constructively and share information on clinical matters with colleagues and team members to support the delivery of best practice and most appropriate service outcomes.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: gym and pool access, Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds