Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 2, Marrmak – Dame Phyllis Frost Centre
- Full-time, ongoing position
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare works as a primary psychiatric assessment and treatment provider for Melbourne’s Magistrate Courts as well as Victorian’s prisons, including the Marrmak Unit at Dame Phyllis Frost Centre in Deer Park, where this position is located.
About the role:
The Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 2 delivers care within a custodial setting, practicing within a recovery framework and using sound judgement to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and maintain a high standard of patient care. This position works with a multidisciplinary team to provide care and facilitate recovery through the use of evidence-based treatment approaches and participation in the delivery of therapeutic programs.
- Demonstrate initiative in the delivery of nursing care.
- Apply the recognised nursing competencies and psychiatric nursing standards of practice.
- Use an evidence based practice approach to nursing.
- Integrate security and therapeutic practices.
- Develop a therapeutic relationship that is respectful of the patient’s choices, experiences and circumstances. This involves building on strengths, holding hope and enhancing resilience to promote recovery.
- Contribute to therapeutic programs and participate in the delivery of individual and group programs to the patients on the unit.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Possess current registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery
How to apply:
For more information about the role contact Cassandra Thompson, Nurse Unit Manager on (03) 8363 1771.
For a position description and to apply visit www.forensicare.vic.gov.au/careers/current-vacancies
Closing date for applications: 11.45pm Tuesday 14 July 2019.