- Full time, ongoing
- Located in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne
- New state of the art facility
- Onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria.
Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men’s prison is built at Ravenhall in Melbourne’s west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria.
The new forensic mental health beds are located in a purpose built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
The Mental Health Nurse within the Moroka Program delivers care within a custodial setting, practicing within a recovery framework and using sound judgement to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and maintain a high standard of patient care. In doing so, the Mental Health Nurse recognises the needs of the individual within the boundaries set by the profession, Forensicare and GEO.
This position works with a multidisciplinary team to provide care and facilitate recovery through the use of evidence-based treatment approaches. The Moroka program provides specialist assessment and treatment for men who present with complex and challenging needs. Treatment is provided through individual and group based interventions over an intensive three-month program.
- Provide comprehensive recovery-orientated assessment and treatment of patients in a custodial setting.
- Completion of risk assessment of patients on the inpatient unit and liaison with the inter-disciplinary team and custodial staff, to provide a safe environment.
- Conduct comprehensive mental health and risk assessments for men recepted into prison
- Administer and monitor the effects of medication.
- Participate in the provision of programs to patients/prisoners.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Discounted Health insurance
- Ongoing training and full orientation
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: staff gym, staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
How to apply:
For more information about the role contact Gregg Shinkfield on 03 8363 2627.
For a position description and to apply visit www.forensicare.vic.gov.au/careers/current-vacancies
Closing date for applications: 11.45pm 21st July 2019