About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that the program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This short course aims to increase and update the knowledge and skills of nurses who work in the post-anaesthetic care/recovery departments.
Dates and locations
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
RN member $187.50
EN member $153.50
RN non-member $219.50
EN non-member $186.00
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge in the care of paediatric, obstetric, elderly and complex patients in the PACU
- identify and describe the management of common complications for paediatric, obstetric, elderly and complex patients in the PACU
- summarise the pharmacological considerations for paediatric, obstetric, elderly and complex patients in the PACU, including updates in pain management regimes
- reflect upon current policies and procedures in relation to clinical practice in their own PACU
- discuss the application of stress management techniques as part of maintaining a safe working and patient environment.
Care of the paediatric patient
Care of the obstetric patient
Care of the complex patient
Care of the elderly patient
Summary, evaluation and finish